Universal Orlando has shared some of the food and drinks guests can come to enjoy at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights, which begins this Friday, September 2.
This year’s menu was created by Universal Orlando’s award-winning executive chefs and culinary team and delivers the most expansive selection in Halloween Horror Nights history; and also includes a variety of gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options.
Halloween Horror Nights staples like Pizza Fries, Twisted Taters are, of course, returning.
Menu items include:
- Major Sweets Ice Cream Sandwich (inspired by “Sweet Revenge” scare zone): Candy-corn sugar cookies filled with sweet corn ice cream (vegetarian)
- Maggot Covered Cheese Dog (inspired by “Bugs: Eaten Alive” original haunted house): A Korean-style hot dog with fresh mozzarella, rolled in puffed rice, topped with gochujang drizzle and black sesame seeds
- Save Your Tears Signature Cocktail (inspired by “The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare” haunted house): This signature drink mixes bourbon, peach brandy, single-pressed lemon juice, agave nectar and bitters – topped with peach bursting boba and served in a souvenir cup
- Lil’ Boo’s Spicy Pumpkin Bun (inspired by “Horrors of Halloween” scare zone): A steamed bun filled with spicy butternut squash influenced by the beloved Halloween Horror Nights character (vegetarian)
- Garlic Philly Cheese “Stake”: Tender shaved beef served on a black hoagie slider roll with caramelized onions, peppers, sautéed mushrooms, muenster cheese sauce and roasted garlic aioli
- Burning Skull: Includes tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, mango nectar, pineapple juice, smoked chili bitters, jalapeno and basil concentrate, shaken and served in a light-up molded skull cup
- Día de los Muertos themed items: Includes offerings inspired by Latin flavors such as Tamales Día de los Muertos (gluten-free) – pork tamales topped with red mole sauce and cotija cheese; and Roasted Sweet Potato & Mushroom Street Tacos (vegan and gluten-free) – roasted sweet potato and mushroom tacos topped with onions, vegan crumbled cheese, and cilantro; also served with birria consommé
- Fried Zombie Brains: Fried cauliflower florets tossed in spicy gochujang sauce and garnished with toasted sesame seeds and scallions (vegan)
- Petrified Rat Tails: Funnel fries with creamy crab dip, sliced scallions and seasoned with herbs and spices
- Tombstone Red Velvet Cake Pop: A red velvet cake pop coated in buttercream on a bed of crushed chocolate cookie crumbs and garnished with white chocolate bones (vegetarian)
- Pizza Skull: Pepperoni and cheese stuffed skulls served with a marinara dipping sauce
- Over In New York, The Meetz Locker will offer up some fried meaty delights, including the Spicy Fried Chicken Offal’s; with Crispy fried chicken thigh pieces, peanuts, and crunchy chili rings tossed in a spicy gochujang sauce and topped with toasted sesame seeds and scallions
- Returning fan-favorites:
- Pizza Fries: Fries piled high with sausage, pepperoni, marinara sauce and loads of cheese. Also available this year are Vegan Pizza Fries – topped with marinara sauce, vegan cheese, vegan pepperoni, and vegan sausage crumbles.
- S’mores Fries: Sweet potato fries drizzled with melted chocolate, graham cracker crumbs and marshmallows
- Traditional Twisted Taters (vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options): Fried spiralized ribbon potato thinly sliced and skewered with season salt, garlic parmesan, sour cream & chives, or ghost pepper seasoning options. Guests can also enjoy the variations Blood ‘n Guts Twisted Tater – smothered with chili and roasted red pepper queso; and Fiery Twisted Tater with Queso (vegetarian) – complete with white cheese sauce and sprinkled with flaming hot crunchy cheese puffs, and ghost pepper seasoning
Themed Treats at Universal CityWalk and Universal Orlando’s Hotels
At Universal CityWalk, guests can indulge in the new Black Magic Milkshake (gluten-free) at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen, featuring pumpkin dulce de leche ice cream with a hazelnut-and-tombstone-sprinkled rim–topped with a cauldron filled with gummy “severed body parts” over whipped flames.
Also, the Red Coconut Club will transform into the Dead Coconut Club this fall as it dons a new theme and menu highlighting the Universal Monsters.
Themed Universal Monsters drinks will be on the menu at all eight Universal Orlando Resort Hotels for a limited time. Drink offerings include:
- The Mummy: Vodka, Blueberry-Flavored Energy Drink, Blue Caribbean Liqueur, Simple Syrup, and Lemon Juice
- The Wolf Man: Whiskey, Black Raspberry-Flavored Liquor, and Pineapple Juice
- Dracula: Tequila and Bloody Mary Mix garnished with olives and celery
For the first time ever, the Sunset Lounge at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites will become a Halloween paradise featuring a unique mix of décor that blends traditional Halloween and tropical beach items.
The Spooky Swizzle Lounge will also be returning this year, taking over the Swizzle Lounge in the Cabana Bay lobby.
Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights begins this Friday, September 2 and runs select nights through Monday, October 31 – unleashing 10 haunted houses, five scare zones, and two outrageous live shows.
Stay tuned to Epic Universal Blog for all the latest on Universal Parks & Resorts.